Applications are now closed.
The Work Exposure in Government program is an opportunity for high performing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 10, 11 and 12 across Australia to learn about careers in the Australian Government.
WEX is an Australian Government initiative to support future Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders and policy makers in Australia.
WEX 2019 will be held in Canberra from Sunday 20 October to Friday 25 October 2019. There will also be an optional three day Regional Placement for successful applicants in early 2020.
All accommodation, transportation and meals are provided.
Students will be accompanied by teachers and mentors who provide cultural mentoring and leadership guidance.
Activities may include:
- Meeting senior government Ministers and parliamentarians.
- A tour of Parliament House.
- Visits to the Australian Defence Force Academy and the Australian Federal Police headquarters.
- Visits to national institutions such as the Australian War Memorial and the Museum of Australian Democracy.
- A careers expo, where students can learn about jobs in a range of government agencies.
Through WEX, participants will learn about:
- Career opportunities in the Australian Government.
- Applying for government jobs.
- How laws are made and enforced.
Information about eligibility can be found in the application forms.
Applications for WEX have now closed.
If you would like more information about WEX, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.