We are seeking existing APS ongoing employees who are interested in a temporary or permanent transfer to the National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) to assist us with our many important and complex Agency priorities.
The NIAA Transfer and Higher Duties Opportunities Register is open to all current ongoing APS employees who are interested in the work of the Agency on a temporary or permanent basis.
The intention is to allow NIAA to readily access suitable candidates for ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies in response to high priority and urgent projects and provides individuals with development opportunities to work across emerging issues within a fast paced, challenging and unique operating context. Candidates are also able to apply for short-term acting opportunities at a higher classification through this process.
All of our positions are Identified roles which means candidates must demonstrate an appropriate level of cultural competency in relation to Indigenous Australians to be considered for employment.
Candidates applying for the Transfer Opportunities to NIAA Priorities should:
- demonstrate an awareness of the matters affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and a willingness to further develop cultural capability
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be highly organised and motivated and able to effectively manage competing priorities
- have a willingness to engage with data, evidence and risk to inform their approach
- be innovative, flexible, adaptable and resilient
- be a collaborative team player that is able to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
If you would like to be part of a meaningful environment where we respect multiple perspectives, are professional and act with integrity, invest in each other’s success, are authentic and deliver with purpose, then we want to hear from you!