Aboriginals Benefit Account Advisory Committee (ABAAC)
ABAAC are a committee consisting of Aboriginal members nominated by each land council from across the NT. The Chair is appointed by the Minister.
The ABAAC provides recommendations to the Minister for Indigenous Affairs on suitable applications for Aboriginals Benefit Account (ABA) grant funding.
Interim Chair: Andrew Tipungwuti
Members nominated by the Northern Land Council:
- Ms Lisa Mumbin (Katherine region – Katherine)
- Mr Phillip Goodman (Palmerston – Darwin)
- Mr Bunug Galaminda (West Arnhem region – Warruwi)
- Mr Chris Neade (Borroloola Barkly region – Elliott)
- Mr Shadrack Retchford (Victoria River District region – Bulla)
- Ms Virginia Nundhirribala (Ngukurr region – Numbulwar)
- Ms Yananymul Mununggurr (East Arnhem region – Yirrakala)
Members nominated by the Central Land Council:
- Ms Leah Leaman (North West region – Dagaragu outstations)
- Ms Barbara Shaw (Alice Springs region – Alice Springs town camps)
- Mr Harry Nelson (Tanami region – Yuendumu)
- Mr Jeffrey Zimran (Western region – Haasts Bluff)
- Mr Robert Hoosan (South West – Aputula (Finke))
Member nominated by the Anindilyakwa Land Council:
- Mr Tony Wurramarrba, AO (Groote Archipelago region)
Member nominated by the Tiwi Land Council:
- Mr Brian Tipungwuti (Tiwi Islands region)
The outcome of each ABAAC meeting is summarised in the ABAAC message. The last ABAAC meeting was May 2018 and the ABAAC message is available.