Aboriginals Benefit Account Advisory Committee (ABAAC)
ABAAC are a committee consisting of Aboriginal members nominated by each land council from across the NT. The Chair is appointed by the Minister.
The ABAAC provides recommendations to the Minister for Indigenous Affairs on suitable applications for Aboriginals Benefit Account (ABA) grant funding.
Chair: Ms Leeanne Caton
Co-Chair: Sammy Bush-Blanasi
Members nominated by the Northern Land Council:
- Mr David Harvey (Borroloola Barkly region)
- Mr Graham Kenyon (Darwin/Daly/Wagait region)
- Mr Bobby Wunungmurra (East Arnhem region)
- Ms Lisa Mumbin, OAM (Katherine region)
- Mr Peter Lansen (Ngukurr region)
- Ms Lorraine Jones (Victoria River District region)
- Mr Wayne Wauchope (West Arnhem region)
Members nominated by the Central Land Council:
- Ms Leah Leaman (North West region)
- Ms Barbara Shaw (Alice Springs region)
- Mr Jeffrey Zimran (Western region)
- Mr Robert Hoosan (South West region)
- Vacant (Tanami region)
Member nominated by the Anindilyakwa Land Council:
- Mr Tony Wurramarrba, AO (Groote Archipelago region)
Member nominated by the Tiwi Land Council:
- Mr Brian Tipungwuti (Tiwi Islands region)
The outcome of each meeting is summarised in the ABAAC message. The last ABAAC meeting was March 2021 and the ABAAC message is available.