Meeting Communiqué: Indigenous Evaluation Committee, 7 June 2019
Indigenous AffairsEvaluations and EvidenceIndigenous Evaluation Committee
Monday, 09 September 2019
The Indigenous Evaluation Committee’s fourth meeting was held by teleconference on 7 June 2019.
The Indigenous Evaluation Committee’s fourth meeting was held by teleconference.
- The National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) provided updates on:
- the transition from the Indigenous Affairs Group (IAG) to NIAA
- The Government’s priorities for Indigenous Australians
- The Policy Analysis and Evaluation Branch presented the draft 2019-20 Annual Evaluation Work Plan
- In line with the priorities of the new Minister for Indigenous Affairs, efforts aimed at reducing youth suicide rates need to be increased, including through addressing current gaps in the evidence base and evaluation activities.
- The Committee proposed that at the next Committee meeting updates are provided on the following:
- Indigenous Data Strategy
- Evaluation activity from the Group Manager of the Education, Community Safety and Health Division
- ANAO report on the effectiveness of the design and implementation of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s evaluation framework for the Indigenous Advancement Strategy
- The Committee’s next meeting will be held in Canberra on 13th September 2019.
Distinguished Prof. Maggie Walter