2021-22 National Indigenous Australians Agency Annual Report
The National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) Annual Report 2021–22 is now available.
The Annual Report provides an overview of the NIAA’s activities throughout 2021-22. It outlines the Agency’s key achievements, performance results and financial statements for the period.
The NIAA has worked in partnership and in place with First Nation peoples, and led and influenced change across government to ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have a say in the decisions that affect them. We have continued to lead the design, implementation and delivery of policies, strategies and programs that:
- support the implementation of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap to ensure that First Nations peoples achieve life outcomes equal to all Australians
- improve economic opportunities and outcomes for First Nations peoples and businesses
- assist in the maintenance of Indigenous cultural expression and conservation
- support the wellbeing of First Nations peoples through early childhood development, school attendance and attainment, and post-school pathways
- increase the capabilities of Indigenous organisations, and enhance regional governance and local decision-making.
This annual report has been prepared in accordance with section 46 of the Public Governance Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
NIAA’s annual report is also available on the whole-of-government Transparency Portal, the central repository of publicly available corporate information for all Commonwealth bodies.