ABA grant funding is now closed.
The ABA is a Special Account established under the Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 that benefits Aboriginal people living in the Northern Territory (NT). The ABA receives monies from the Commonwealth based on the value of royalties generated from mining on Aboriginal land in the NT.
The ABA grants process previously managed by the National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) has been discontinued. A new Aboriginal-led corporate Commonwealth entity, the Northern Territory Aboriginal Investment Corporation (NTAIC), has been established to invest funding from the ABA and manage a new grants process.
For further information on the NTAIC's grants process and the structure and role of the NTAIC, please visit NT Aboriginal Investment Corporation.
The NIAA continues to manage ABA grants approved before 2023. The NIAA will also continue to manage the ABA Homelands Project. Please contact the NIAA ABA team on 1800 354 612 or email@example.com for all queries relating to this funding.
Outcomes of previous ABA rounds
A list of organisations recommended for funding prior to 2023 is available:
- ABA Funding October 2022 Outcomes - XLSX 48KB
- ABA Funding July 2022 Outcomes - XLSX 50 KB
- ABA Funding April 2022 Outcomes - XLSX 56 KB
- ABA Funding 1-2 March 2022 Outcomes - XLSX 52 KB | PDF 178 KB
- ABA Funding August 2020 - XLSX 58 KB | PDF 178 KB
- ABA Funding February 2020 - XLSX 61 KB | PDF 180 KB
- ABA Funding August 2019 - XLSX 43 KB | PDF 107 KB
- ABA Funding February 2019 - XLSX 28 KB | PDF 110 KB
- ABA Funding August 2018 - XLSX 15 MB | PDF 92 KB
- ABA Funding February 2018 - XLSX 24 KB | PDF 83 KB