This notification of collection outlines the NIAA’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in relation to your use of this website in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Post: The Privacy Contact Officer
Legal Services Branch
National Indigenous Australians Agency
PO Box 2192
Canberra ACT 2600
Phone: 02 6152 3080
We will only disclose your personal information, for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was given to us, where we are authorised to do so pursuant to the Privacy Act.
Website Privacy Notice
This notification of collection outlines the Department's and the Agency’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in relation to your use of this website (referred to as ‘we’).
Collection of personal information
Clickstream data (information logged)
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This 'clickstream data' is collected for statistical purposes and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (for example Internet Explorer) and collected by us:
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
When you email us personal information, or provide it to us through 'contact us' options provided through this site:
- we will record your email address and any other information submitted
- we will use this information for the purpose for which you provide it
- your email address will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose.
If you fail to provide us with a minimum level of information (usually marked with an asterisk and generally, an email address), we may not be able to respond to you.
Personal information is collected by us when you subscribe to any subscription service on this website. The contact information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the subscription service. If you fail to provide the personal information we request when you subscribe, we may not be able to provide the subscription service to you.
Please refer to our Social Media page for moderation guidelines that apply to the NIAA’s social media accounts.