In accordance with the Senate Order, the Department's list of files does not include:
- files transferred to the National Archives of Australia;
- files related to the internal administration of the Department (staff or personnel, accounts, training, or general administrative matters); and
- case related files (for example personal representation or dealings with the personal affairs of departmental or agency client).
In addition, the Department's lists do not include files whose titles would disclose the deliberations of Cabinet.
In accordance with the Senate Order, some information in file titles has been deleted, such as:
- commercially confidential information
- identifiably personal information
- any security classified information which is disclosed in, or which could be established from, a file title.
In response to the Senate Order that the list be 'indexed', the files are arranged under the names of the current divisions and branches of the Department, and then by file number.
If you have any difficulties in accessing the information, or need further help with alternative formats, please contact us.
- Files created July - December 2020 DOCX 198 KB | PDF 326 KB
- Files created January - June 2020 DOCX 235 KB | PDF 326 KB
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Departmental files may include approved acronyms and abbreviations for groups or topics currently in use within the Department or for Division, Branch, Section and Unit names.
How to access Departmental records under the FOI Act 1982
Any enquiries regarding access to Departmental records under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 1982 can be made to the FOI Coordinator.