Communicating with Indigenous communities
The Australian Government has provided funding to First Nations Media Australia to help the Indigenous broadcasting and media sector distribute information about COVID-19.
The funding is supporting local broadcasters to produce and broadcast health and safety materials to address local issues, concerns and misinformation. It will also help broadcasters engage the support of local elders and leaders to pass on the importance and gravity of the COVID-19 pandemic.
National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
NACCHO is the peak body for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health sector in Australia. NACCHO is part of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Group on COVID-19 and is responsible for providing relevant clinical information to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services. Get the sharable resources from COVID-19 Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Department of Health
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) community kit: A collection of resources including fact sheets, posters, and translated radio and video content for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
State and Territory Governments
Resources for Indigenous residents are available at the following pages:
- Northern Territory: Remote communities
- Western Australia: Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Aboriginal people
- Queensland: Resources — coronavirus (COVID-19)
- New South Wales: COVID-19 Aboriginal Health Resources
- Victoria: Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- South Australia: Aboriginal communities
- Australian Capital Territory: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health – COVID-19
First Nations Media Australia
First Nations Media provides Coronavirus COVID-19 Resources for broadcasters, including audio, video and social media assets.
Land Councils and other Aboriginal Organisations
- Northern Land Council has produced a series of video, including in language, and information sheets: Videos and Public notices
- Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd (KAMS): Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Australian Indigenous Health InfoNet: COVID-19 Updates and Information
- Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council: COVID-19 Outbreak
- Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory: Coronavirus (COVID-19)