Effective complaint handling is the key to an ethical public service. The National Indigenous Australians Agency is accountable for the conduct of its staff and must be prepared to deal with complaints openly, efficiently and fairly.
The National Indigenous Australians Agency aims to provide consistent and quality services to the Australian community through our staff and service providers and make every effort to improve our services.
Where a client raises a complaint that complaint will be:
- received and addressed in confidence
- addressed in a helpful and cooperative manner
- resolved promptly or referred to an external body.
The Complaints Policy is designed to identify opportunities for improving customer satisfaction with the delivery of funded services and enhance the client/provider relationship. However, it is recognised that complaints will sometimes involve staff.
The APS Code of Conduct requires all public sector employees to comply with the minimum standards of conduct and integrity based around the principles of personal integrity, relationships with others, and accountability.
It is incumbent on our department to manage complaints well to mitigate risk and learn from important client feedback.
Complaints also include procurement complaints relating to the Government Procurement (Judicial Review) Act 2018 (GPJR Act). Further information can be found in the Department of Finance Resource Management Guide 422 (RMG 422) - Handling Complaints under the Government Procurement (Judicial Review) Act 2018.)
For complaints regarding the operations of the National Indigenous Australians Agency please use the contact details:
Phone: (02) 6152 3050
National Indigenous Australians Agency
PO Box 2191
Canberra ACT 2600
Services available to assist you to make a complaint:
- If you are a non-English speaking person, contact us through the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment (TTY user), contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS) on 133 677, then ask for +61 2 6152 3050
- Voice Relay users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for +61 2 6152 3050
- NRS Chat users can connect through the NRS Chat app or phone 1300 553 467, then ask for +61 2 6152 3050
- NRS Captions users can connect through the NRS Chat app or phone 1300 018 342, then ask for +61 2 6152 3050
- SMS Relay (text and listen) users phone 133 677, then ask for +61 2 6152 3050
For feedback you can use the contact form below.
This site does not provide for secure transmission of information across the Internet. If you prefer, you can print this form and send it by mail to our postal address.
Part A: Personal Information (name optional)