The 1,000 Jobs Package is a wage subsidy to support the creation of 1,000 new jobs for Community Development Program (CDP) participants across remote Australia. Employers will be eligible to receive financial support of up to $56,000 (GST not applicable) over two years, including retention bonuses to help them hire new staff in ongoing positions. Positions must be filled by current CDP participants to be eligible for this funding.
The 1,000 Jobs Package will be implemented in two tranches.
Tranche One of the 1,000 Jobs Package is a demand driven, eligibility based Grant opportunity and will comprise of an initial limited Grant opportunity of up to 100 subsidies available for the creation of new, full-time and part-time jobs for CDP participants across remote Australia.
Employers will be eligible to receive a wage subsidy of up to $51,000 (GST not applicable) over two years for a new, ongoing, full- time position. Employers will also be eligible to receive up to $5,000 (GST not applicable) in retention bonuses for retaining a CDP participant in employment for 24 months. Payments are calculated on 46 weeks per year at the minimum wage of $19.49 per hour to a maximum of 38 hours per week, tapering in the second year.
Employers may be eligible for a 1,000 Jobs Package wage subsidy if they:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Offer an ongoing job.
- Offer a job for a minimum average of 15 hours per week.
- Offer a job that complies with the position’s employment standards - for example is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage.
Jobs subsidised under the 1,000 Jobs Package need to:
- Employ a CDP participant in the position.
- Be located in a CDP region within remote Australia.
- Be a new, ongoing position.
- Be at least a minimum average of 15 hours per week (excluding unpaid leave), up to a maximum average of 38 hours per week.
- Comply with all relevant State, Territory and Commonwealth laws, including Work Health and Safety.
Some jobs are not eligible for a 1,000 Jobs Package wage subsidy, including:
- Work that displaces an existing employee.
- Positions that are subsidised under another Commonwealth program.
- Positions that, because of a State or Territory subsidy, would be subsidised for more than 100 per cent of the cost of the Participant’s wages and entitlements.
- Positions that are involved in the delivery of services under an executed CDP Funding Agreement.
Applications for the 1,000 Jobs Package will open on 1 September 2019. Tranche One will cease when all positions are filled or when Tranche Two commences, whichever comes first.
For more information:
Speak with your local CDP provider and your National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) regional network office.
Application forms are available on GrantConnect.
A second tranche of the 1,000 Jobs Package comprising of the remainder of the 1,000 jobs will be available from 1 December 2019.
Further information on the application process for Tranche Two will be made available shortly.
If you have any questions or would like to apply for a 1,000 Jobs Package wage subsidy, talk to the CDP provider in your region or the NIAA Regional Network.
To find your local CDP provider go to: https://jobsearch.gov.au/serviceproviders.
To find your local NIAA regional network office go to: www.indigenous.gov.au/regional-network.
Visit the CDP website for details about the program: https://www.niaa.gov.au/indigenous-affairs/employment/cdp.
Further information for employers and participants can be found in the 1,000 Jobs Package Employer and Participant Factsheets.
For all other general enquires about the CDP email email@example.com, or call 1800 079 098.