The 1,000 Jobs Package is a wage subsidy to support the creation of 1,000 new jobs for Community Development Program (CDP) participants across remote Australia. Employers will be eligible to receive financial support of up to $56,000 (GST inclusive) over two years, including retention bonuses, to help them hire new staff in ongoing positions. Positions must be filled by current CDP participants to be eligible for this funding.
The 1,000 Jobs Package will be implemented in two tranches.
Tranche One of the 1,000 Jobs Package is a demand driven, eligibility based Grant opportunity. It comprises of an initial limited Grant opportunity of up to 200 subsidies available for the creation of new jobs for CDP participants across remote Australia.
Eligible employers could receive financial assistance for up to two years, including:
- a wage subsidy of up to $51,000 (GST inclusive) paid at an hourly rate in arrears.
- a retention bonus of up to $5,000 (GST inclusive) for retaining a CDP participant in employment, paid in instalment throughout the two years.
Employers could receive 1,000 Jobs Package funding if they meet all the eligibility criteria, including having an Australian Business Number (ABN) and offering a job that:
- is new, ongoing, part-time or full-time job for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- employs a CDP participant in the job.
- is located in a CDP region within remote Australia.
- comply with all relevant Commonwealth, state/territory and local government laws, including Work Health and Safety and relevant employment standards.
Some jobs are not eligible for a 1,000 Jobs Package wage subsidy, including:
- casual jobs.
- work that displaces an existing employee.
- jobs with wages that are to be subsidised under another Commonwealth program.
- jobs that, because of a state or territory government subsidy, would be subsidised for more than 100 per cent of the cost of the employee’s wages and entitlements.
- jobs involved in the delivery of services under an executed CDP Funding Agreement.
Applications for Tranche One of the 1,000 Jobs Package opened on 1 September 2019 and will cease when Tranche Two commences on 31 December 2019, or earlier if all 200 jobs are filled.
Further information on Tranche One is available in the Employer and CDP Participant factsheets.
For more information on the application process and eligibility please visit GrantConnect or see the ‘More information’ section below.
Tranche Two of the 1,000 Jobs Package will be available from 31 December 2019 and will comprise of 800 jobs plus any not filled under Tranche One.
Further information on the application process for Tranche Two will be made available shortly.
To view the Tranche One grant opportunity guidelines visit the 1,000 Jobs Package GrantConnect webpage, click on GO documents and set up a new registration.
For all other 1,000 Jobs Package general enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 079 098.
Visit the CDP website for details about the CDP program.